Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Little Peach


Baby is 13 weeks today and is now about three inches long (the size of a peach) although we won't hear them for another 27 weeks, vocal chords are now forming as well. Fingerprints are now defined on the baby's tiny fingertips too!

I found this cute web page that compares the weekly size of the fetus to fruit - really interesting but week 37 kind of scares me (when thinking about childbirth - a watermelon)

I have been feeling really well aside from a little back pain - I am trying not to complain about it or be too much of a wimp now since I know it will get much, much worse. Your body starts to release a hormone called relaxin at the highest levels during early pregnancy and will peak at week 14. This hormone "relaxes" all the ligaments in your pelvis to start to prepare your body for childbirth and as a result, things start to shift around in your low back. Crazy how my body is already getting ready for the big event and my mind hasn't even gone there yet!



Last Monday, August 4th, our good friends Josh and Jenn welcomed their son Gavin into the world! I cant believe what a perfect little head he has - I am sure everything else is perfect too, that is all just we could see since he was wrapped up like a little burrito. I have never seen such a perfect little nose and sweet rosy lips and cheeks on a baby just minutes old. We are so happy for them and are looking forward to having kids that will grow up together - just six months apart!

Gavin Micheal - What a cutie!

1 comment:

The Moffats said...

Can't wait to see if "little peach" is going to be a girl or a boy!!! WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!! Praise God! We are on our way back to Colorado in less than a month! Cousin Hunter will be VERY excited to meet his new cuz and have lots of play dates together!